Each paper is evaluated by at least two independent reviewers; the reviewers need to be from outside the academic institution that the author of the text is affiliated in. The redaction uses the principle of double blind review process to ensure that reviewers and authors do not know each other’s identities. In ethical matters, the journal follows the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) publishing ethics and applies the procedures included in the diagrams.
The criteria of acceptance and rejection of an article:
The redaction shall only accept original scientific articles written in Polish and English. The articles that fail to fulfil these requirements may be rejected by the Editor-in-Chief before sending them to a reviewer. The same thing applies to the articles that infringe the copyrights of a third party. The decision whether an article is eligible to publication will be made on the basis of the following criteria:
- Accordance of title and summary with the subject of an article;;
- Accordance of conclusions with the results presented in an article;
- Use of the correct and innovative research methods;
- Use of the correct work layout, language, style, units and terminology;
- Quality of attached pictures and tables;
- Use of the correct quotations and current state of knowledge;
- Linguistic correctness of the summary in English.
The names of reviewers of the papers will not be revealed. From 2014, the list of reviewers has been published once a year.